Sunday, October 18, 2009

Linear Spatialization

3 books obtained from the Red River Collegiate Library began to give me insight into the inner workings of auto-mechanics; something I was quite content being oblivious too but will undoubtedly be helpful far past the semester's end.

Automotive technology by M.J. Nunney.

Auto mechanics fundamentals : how and why of the design, construction and operation of automotive units by Martin W. Stockel.

Handbook of automotive engineering / edited by Hans-Hermann Braess and Ulrich Seiffert ; translated by Peter L. Albrecht.

I decided that I was specifically interested in the narrative of sound that my body dictates from the drivers seat. I used the books to research the direct path of my body through each control of the "drivers manifold" (as defined by Handbook of Automotive Engineering), through the engine and finally into the environment.


Select each title to hear sound clip.

Interior

Brake Pedal
Stick
Clutch Pedal
Gas Pedal
Dashboard

Engine

Brake Booster
Master Cylinder
Fuel Injector
Air Filter
Disc Brake
Transmission
Clutch
Engine
Spark Plug
Air Intake

Exterior

Wheels
Shock (bottom)
Shock (top)
Muffler
Fuel Tank

No comments:

Post a Comment